1. Which of the following words can be used as a verb?
ক. Mister খ. Master গ. Mistress ঘ. Mastery
2. I Still have —– money.
খ. a few খ. quite a few
গ. many ঘ. a little
3. In English grammar, – deals with formation of sentences.
ক. Morphology খ. Etymology
গ. Syntax ঘ. Semantics
4. Which of the following words is in singular form?
ক. formulae খ. agenda
গ. oases ঘ. radius
5. The word ‘omnivorous’ means:
ক. eating all types of food
খ. eating only fruits
গ. eating only meat
ঘ. eating grass and plants only
6. Change the voice : ‘Who is calling me?’
ক. By whom am I called?
খ. By whom I am called?
গ. By whom am I being called?
ঘ. Whom am I called by?
7. Which ‘but’ is a preposition?
ক. It is but right to admit our faults
খ. What can we do but sit and wait?
গ. We tried had, but did not succeed
ঘ. There is no one but likes him
8. ‘To win a prize is my ambition’. The underlined part of the sentence is a/an-
ক. adjective phrase খ. noun phrase
গ. adverb phrase
ঘ. conjunctional phrase
9. Which one of the following is a common gender?
ক. king খ. sovereign
গ. emperor ঘ. queen
10. The word ‘flying’ in the sentence ‘Look at the flying bird’ is a:
ক. gerund খ. participle
গ. verbal noun ঘ. gerundial infinitive
11. Rasel walks as if he – lame.
ক. is খ. had been গ. has ঘ. were
12. He had a – headache.
ক. strong খ. acute গ. serious ঘ. bad
13. Neither Jony nor Faruk – qualified for the job.
ক. are খ. is গ. were ঘ. had
14. I am not good – translation
ক. in খ. about গ. with ঘ. at
15. Hurry up! we have to go – five minutes.
ক. in খ. on গ. by ঘ. for
16. What does this Latin Expression ‘i.e.’ stand for?
ক. ideal energy খ. inner edge
গ. id est ঘ. it east
17. Choose the correct sentence-
ক. This is an unique case
খ. This is a very unique case
গ. This is a unique case
ঘ. This is the most unique case
18. The meaning of the Underlined phrase in the sentence, ‘Please look into the matter.
ক. take care of খ. observe
গ. praise ঘ. investigate
19. ‘Ecolonomy’ is associated with-
ক. environmental economy গ. green economy
গ. ecological economy ঘ. blue economy
20. Would you mind ……?
ক. to open the door খ. opened the door
গ. opens the door ঘ. opening the door
উত্তর : ১খ ২ঘ ৩গ ৪ঘ ৫ক ৬গ ৭খ ৮খ ৯খ ১০খ ১১ঘ ১২ঘ ১৩খ ১৪ঘ ১৫গ ১৬গ ১৭গ ১৮ঘ ১৯গ ২০ঘ।
গ্রন্থনা : আফজাল হোসেন, জগন্নাথ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়